The "Green Roof" on our building.
As a company, we strive to implement practices that preserve our earth, and promote the well being of our employees and customers.
Starting with our own building, we have built in the following green features to reduce energy use and waste:
- A live "green roof" with an insulation value of R75.
- 18" thick insulated concrete walls
- Hydronic radiant floor heating as the primary heat source
- High-efficiency hot water on-demand
- LED lighting indoors and outdoors
We are excited to be able to offer a product that is naturally "green".
Once you have selected your perfect tile, you may enjoy it's many eco-friendly benefits:
- Tile is built to last, A properly installed tile surface will last for a lifetime, unlike many other floor coverings which have a short lifespan, This significantly reduces the cost over many years, as well as diverting tons of waste from landfills.
- Porcelain and Ceramic tile contain no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC). This makes them a healthy choice since they do not add toxicity to the air.
- Tile is hypoallergenic, inhibiting the growth of mould, germs and bacteria.
- Tile is a low maintenance product that eliminates the need for harsh chemical and toxic cleaners.
- Choosing porcelain and ceramic tile in a new build can contribute to LEED certification.
You can "Go Green" from our front door to yours!
We have also extended our Eco-friendly efforts to include products that are manufactured with the environment in mind. We have worked hard to source porcelain and ceramic tile from factories that implement environmentally friendly manufacturing practices and conform to ISO 14001 and/ or EU Ecolabel standards. We have branded all these tiles with our Eco Design symbol on both our website and sample boards to help you easily identify and choose environmentally responsible products.